Monday, April 26, 2010

Do men have to cut there beards to be a roughneck at an oil drilling rig?

my husband is training to be a roughneck and due to our religious beliefs it is not permissible to shave the beard.my husband told me that they only asked if he would take a little bit of the sides of his face,and they dont require him to cut any off his chin area.this would be due to him having to be fitted for a special face mask that protects workers from a dangerous chemical.is this so?....and do they require the workers to cut more than just a few snips of the sides of the face?Do men have to cut there beards to be a roughneck at an oil drilling rig?
Now I have been at job sites before where they only required a hard hat and steel toed boots. However, our access to the areas of operations and what times we had access were severely limited.





Now I do not know specifically about your case, but I do know roughnecking is an extremely dangerous job. So if the employer believes that there are times when dangerous chemicals are present that you need a mask for then I would take them at their word.Do men have to cut there beards to be a roughneck at an oil drilling rig?
I know in the military, they told us that too much facial hair would prevent a good seal. So I would assume the same for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment